1) This article is about a crickets metabolism. The more it uses it the faster it dies.
2) This goes along with biology from my sophomore year. Metabolism is the processing of a specific substance within the living body. It is one of the most important things about the human body and how is sustains itself.
3) In my opinion this is great because it backs up my reason for being lazy. I will totally live longer than any hardworking person and not have to worry about burning up my life force. That has been my plan all along; to be lazy, live long and prosper.
1) This article is about Anatoli Petrovich Bugorski. It is about the time he stuck his head into a particle accelerator. (sounds bad)
2) This doesn’t relate to anything i’ve learned so far, maybe something in chemistry? I don’t even know what a particle accelerator is, but it sounds like a very bad thing to stick your head in. In the article it says that it paralyzed the side of his face, and he lost hearing in that ear.
3) This makes me think that i should never put my head into one of these things. I think it is funny how they made the small joke at the end, “Apparently Botox’s got nothing on a particle accelerator’s proton beam for stopping wrinkles. ” So maybe we have a new replacement for botox!!!
1)This article is about smaller science research and how it is still useful. Also it is about smaller science’s opposition.
2) This article relates to years of students saying “how will this even help me in real life?!” You can use this article for an answer! (maybe?) But even the smallest science can make a difference, even if it is the smallest difference it is still a different. The theory of gravity was a pretty small test at first. (apple falling on head? Waste of time, i prefer my religion!!)
3) My opinion on this is that we need the smaller science almost as much as the bigger science. Small science is safe. Big science is not safe. I remember last year (i think it was last year?) when there were rumors that when they were splitting atoms somewhere it would cause a black hole…. I didn’t think that was true at all, but who knows?!